CNC Machining Steel Swing Pinion Worm Gear Screw Shaft Helical Gear Rack
Double Spur Gear OEM Fabrication Service
|Material||1) Aluminum: AL 6061-T6, 6063, 7075-T etc.|
|2) Stainless steel: 303, 304, 316L, 17-4(SUS630) etc.|
|3) Steel: 4140, Q235, Q345B, 20#, 45# etc.|
|4) Titanium: TA1, TA2/GR2, TA4/GR5, TC4, TC18 etc.|
|5) Brass: C36000 (HPb62), C37700 (HPb59), C26800 (H68), C22000(H90) etc.|
|6) Copper, Bronze, Magnesium alloy, Delrin, POM, Acrylic, PC, etc.|
|Finsh||Sandblasting, Anodize color, Blackenning, Zinc/Nickl Plating, Polish.|
|Power coating, Passivation PVD, Titanium Plating, Electrogalvanizing.|
|Electroplating chromium, Electrophoresis, QPQ(Quench-Polish-Quench).|
|Electro Polishing, Chrome Plating, Knurl, Laser etch Logo, etc.|
|Main Equipment||CNC machining center(Milling), CNC Lathe, Grinding machine.|
|Cylindrical grinder machine, Drilling machine, Laser cutting machine, etc.|
|Drawing format||STEP, STP, GIS, CAD, PDF, DWG, DXF etc or samples.|
|Tolerance||+/-0.01mm ~ +/-0.05mm|
|Surface roughness||Ra 0.1~3.2|
|Inspection||Complete inspection lab with Micrometer, Optical Comparator, Caliper Vernier, CMM.|
|Depth Caliper Vernier, Universal Protractor, Clock Gauge, Internal Centigrade Gauge.|
|Capacity||CNC turning work range: φ0.5mm-φ150mm*300mm.|
|CNC milling work range: 510mm*1571mm*500mm.|
Runsom, a company specializing in rapid prototyping and manufacturing, has decades of experience in
CNC machining, 3D printing, injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, and die casting. Our engineering
team with extensive knowledge and experience utilizes the latest prototyping technologies and top-notch
machining equipment to provide comprehensive services to satisfy global customers’ requirements,
timescales, and specific needs. We are able to take your concepts or designs to reality production in just
days with our advanced machining technologies, extensive manufacturing experience, and a wealth of
Runsom Precision was established to give support to companies in the industries fields who continually
need to reduce their costs and meet tight deadlines. Our purpose is to ensure customer satisfaction by
providing first-class project management control and problem-free products.
Get a Quote
Q1: What’s kinds of information you need for quote?
A1: Kindly please provide the 2D/3D drawings (PDF/DWG/DXF/IGS/STP/SLDPRT/etc) and advise material
, finish, quantity for quoting.
Q2: What is your MOQ?
A2: MOQ depends on our client’s needs, besides, we welcome trial order before mass-production.
Q3: What is the lead time?
A3: Depending on your specific project and quantity.
Q4: Available for customized design drawings?
A4: Yes, please send the technical drawings to us. It’s better if you can send both 2D and 3D drawings if
Q5: If the parts we purchase from your company are not good, what can we do?
A5: Please feel free to contact us after you got the products. Kindly send us some photos, we will
feedback to our engineers and QC departments and solve the problems ASAP.
Q6: Are you a manufacturer or trading company?
A6: We are a manufacturer, we are located in HangZhou, China.
Q7: Will my drawings be safe after sending to you?
A7: Yes, we will keep them well and not release to third party without your permission.
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Auto,Motorcycle,Aviation,Electonic,Medical,Home|
|Hardness:||According to The Drawing|
|Gear Position:||According to The Drawing|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Custom|
Can spur gears be used in automotive applications?
Yes, spur gears can be used in automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are one of the simplest and most commonly used types of gears. They consist of cylindrical teeth that are parallel to the gear axis and mesh with each other to transmit power and motion. While other gear types like helical gears or bevel gears are often preferred in certain automotive applications, spur gears still find their place in various automotive systems and components.
Spur gears are commonly found in manual transmissions, especially in lower gears. They are used to achieve a direct and efficient power transfer between the engine and the wheels. Spur gears in transmissions are designed to handle high torque loads and provide reliable performance.
In automotive differentials, which distribute power between the wheels while allowing them to rotate at different speeds, spur gears are often employed. They are used in the differential gear train to transfer torque from the driveshaft to the wheels. The simplicity and robustness of spur gears make them suitable for this application.
3. Starter Motors:
Spur gears are commonly used in starter motors to crank the engine when starting a vehicle. They provide high torque and efficient power transmission to rotate the engine’s crankshaft and initiate the combustion process. Starter motor spur gears are designed to handle the initial load and engage smoothly with the engine’s flywheel.
4. Timing Systems:
In automotive timing systems, where precise synchronization of engine components is crucial, spur gears can be used. They are employed in timing belts or chains to drive the camshafts, ensuring proper valve timing and engine performance. Spur gears in timing systems contribute to accurate and reliable engine operation.
5. Accessories and Auxiliary Components:
Spur gears are also utilized in various automotive accessories and auxiliary components. They can be found in power window mechanisms, windshield wipers, power steering systems, and other mechanisms that require controlled and synchronized motion. Spur gears provide cost-effective and efficient power transmission for these applications.
It’s important to note that while spur gears have their advantages, they also have certain limitations. They can generate more noise and vibration compared to gears with helical or bevel tooth profiles. Additionally, spur gears are not as suitable for high-speed or high-torque applications as other gear types.
Overall, spur gears have a significant presence in automotive applications, particularly in manual transmissions, differentials, starter motors, timing systems, and various auxiliary components. Their simplicity, reliability, and cost-effectiveness make them a viable choice for specific automotive gear applications.
What is the lifespan of a typical spur gear?
The lifespan of a typical spur gear can vary significantly depending on several factors. Here’s a detailed explanation:
The lifespan of a spur gear is influenced by various factors, including:
- Operating Conditions: The conditions under which the spur gear operates greatly impact its lifespan. Factors such as the magnitude and frequency of the applied loads, operating temperature, speed, and lubrication quality play a significant role. Gears operating under heavy loads, high speeds, or harsh environments may experience higher wear and fatigue, potentially reducing their lifespan.
- Material Selection: The material used for constructing the spur gear affects its durability and lifespan. Spur gears are commonly made from materials such as steel, cast iron, bronze, or polymer composites. The specific material properties, including hardness, strength, and resistance to wear and corrosion, influence the gear’s ability to withstand the operating conditions and determine its lifespan.
- Quality of Manufacturing: The quality of manufacturing processes and techniques employed during the production of the spur gear can impact its lifespan. Gears manufactured with precision, accurate tooth profiles, and proper heat treatment are more likely to have longer lifespans compared to those with manufacturing defects or poor quality control.
- Lubrication and Maintenance: Proper lubrication is crucial for reducing friction, wear, and heat generation in spur gears. Regular maintenance practices, including lubricant replacement, gear inspections, and addressing any issues promptly, can significantly extend the lifespan of the gears. Inadequate lubrication or neglecting maintenance can lead to premature wear and failure.
- Load and Stress Distribution: The design and configuration of the gear system affect the load and stress distribution on the spur gears. Proper gear design, including tooth profile, number of teeth, and gear arrangement, helps ensure even load distribution and minimizes localized stress concentrations. Well-designed supporting components, such as bearings and shafts, also contribute to the overall lifespan of the gear system.
It is challenging to provide a specific lifespan for a typical spur gear since it depends on the aforementioned factors and the specific application. Spur gears can have lifespans ranging from several thousand to millions of operating cycles. Industrial gear systems often undergo regular inspections and maintenance, including gear replacement when necessary, to ensure safe and reliable operation.
It’s important to note that gear lifespan can be extended through proper care, maintenance, and adherence to recommended operating parameters. Regular inspections, monitoring of gear performance, and addressing any signs of wear or damage promptly can help maximize the lifespan of spur gears.
When assessing the lifespan of spur gears for a particular application, it is advisable to consult manufacturers, industry standards, and experts with expertise in gear design and maintenance for accurate estimations and recommendations.
How do spur gears differ from other types of gears?
Spur gears, as a specific type of gear, possess distinct characteristics and features that set them apart from other types of gears. Here’s a detailed explanation of how spur gears differ from other types of gears:
- Tooth Geometry: One of the primary differences lies in the tooth geometry. Spur gears have straight teeth that are cut parallel to the gear axis. This differs from other gear types, such as helical gears or bevel gears, which have angled or curved teeth.
- Gear Meshing: Spur gears mesh by direct contact between their teeth, creating a line or point contact. This meshing arrangement is different from other gear types, such as worm gears or planetary gears, where the teeth mesh in a different manner, such as through sliding contact or multiple points of contact.
- Direction of Force: Spur gears transmit rotational motion and torque in a specific direction. The force is transmitted along the axis of the gears, making them suitable for parallel shaft arrangements. In contrast, other types of gears, such as bevel gears or hypoid gears, can transmit motion between non-parallel or intersecting shafts.
- Noise and Vibration: Spur gears tend to produce more noise and vibration compared to certain other gear types. The direct contact between the teeth and the sudden engagement/disengagement of the teeth can generate impact forces, leading to noise and vibration. In contrast, gear types like helical gears or double-enveloping worm gears provide smoother meshing and reduced noise levels.
- Efficiency and Load Distribution: Spur gears generally offer high efficiency in power transmission due to their direct tooth engagement. However, they may experience higher stress concentrations and load concentrations compared to other gear types. Gear designs like helical gears or planetary gears can distribute the load more evenly across the teeth, reducing stress concentrations.
- Applications: Spur gears find widespread applications in various industries and equipment. Their simplicity, ease of manufacture, and cost-effectiveness make them suitable for a wide range of systems. Other gear types have specific applications where their unique characteristics, such as high torque transmission, precise motion control, or compact size, are advantageous.
In summary, spur gears differ from other types of gears in terms of tooth geometry, gear meshing, direction of force transmission, noise and vibration characteristics, load distribution, and specific applications. Understanding these differences is crucial when selecting the appropriate gear type for a particular mechanical system, considering factors such as load requirements, motion control, efficiency, and design constraints.
editor by CX 2023-11-03