We Are Precision Metal Parts Manufacturer And We Providing Custom Processing Service. Send Us Drawings, We Will Feedback You Quotation Within 24 Hours
Precision Parts Display
Click Here Get More Information
3-axis, 4-axis and full 5-axis processing equipment, CNC lathe, centering machine, turning and milling compound, wire cutting, EDM, grinding, etc
CNC machining, CNC Turning, CNC Milling, Welding, Laser Cutting, Bending, Spinning, Wire Cutting, Stamping, Electric Discharge Machining (EDM), Injection Molding
Aluminum, metal, steel, metal, plastic, metal, brass, bronze, rubber, ceramic, cast iron, glass, copper, titanium, metal, titanium, steel, carbon fiber, etc
+/-0.01mm, 100% QC quality inspection before delivery, can provide quality inspection form
ISO9001:2015, ISO13485:2016, SGS, RoHs, TUV
|Stainless Steel parts
Click Here Get Free Quotation
CNC Machining Parts Can Be Used in Many Industry
Aerospace/ Marine/ Metro/ Motorbike/ Automotive industries, Instruments & Meters, Office equipments, Home appliance, Medical equipments, Telecommunication, Electrical & Electronics, Fire detection system, etc
Cylinder Heads, Turbochargers, Crankshafts, Connecting Rods Pistons, Bearing Caps, CV Joints, Steering Knuckles, Brake Calipers,Gears,Differential Housing, Axle Shafts
Cylinder Heads, Turbochargers, Crankshafts, Connecting Rods Pistons,Bearing Caps, CV Joints, Steering Knuckles, Brake Calipers,Gears, Differential Housing, Axle Shafts
Drill Pipes and Casing, Impellers Casings, Pipe Control Valves, Shafts, Wellhead Equipment, Mud Pumps, Frac Pumps, Frac Tools,Rotor Shafts and disc
Custom robotic end-effectors, Low-volume prototype, Pilot, Enclosures, Custom tooling, Fixturing
Rotary Bearing Seal Rings for CHINAMFG Knife,CT Scanner Frames,Mounting Brackets,Card Retainers for CT Scanners,Cooling Plenums for CT Scanners,Brackets for CT Scanners,Gearbox Components,Actuators,Large Shafts
Screws, hinges, handles, slides, turntables, pneumatic rods, guide rails, steel drawers
Q1. What kind of production service do you provide?
CNC machining, CNC Turning, CNC Milling, Welding, Laser Cutting, Bending, Spinning, Wire Cutting, Stamping, Electric Discharge Machining (EDM), Injection Molding, Simple Assembly and Various Metal Surface Treatment.
Q2. How about the lead time?
Mould : 3-5 weeks
Mass production : 3-4 weeks
Q3. How about your quality?
♦Our management and production executed strictly according to ISO9001 : 2008 quality System.
♦We will make the operation instruction once the sample is approval.
♦ We will 100% inspect the products before shipment.
♦If there is quality problem, we will supply the replacement by our shipping cost.
Q4. How long should we take for a quotation?
After receiving detail information we will quote within 24 hours
Q5. What is your quotation element?
Drawing or Sample, Material, finish and Quantity.
Q6. What is your payment term?
Mould : 50% prepaid, 50% after the mould finish, balance after sample approval.
Goods : 50% prepaid, balance T/T before shipment.
|Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car, Aerospace/ Marine/Automotive/Medical Equipments
|Soft Tooth Surface
|Toothed Portion Shape:
Can spur gears be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations?
Yes, spur gears can be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are one of the most common types of gears used in various applications. They have straight teeth that are parallel to the gear axis and are designed to transmit power and torque between parallel shafts. The versatility of spur gears allows them to be used in different orientations, including horizontal and vertical configurations.
In horizontal applications, where the gear shafts are positioned parallel to the ground, spur gears are widely utilized. Horizontal orientations are commonly found in machinery such as conveyor systems, automobiles, industrial equipment, and many other applications. Spur gears in horizontal configurations can efficiently transmit power and torque between shafts, providing reliable operation and smooth gear engagement.
Spur gears can also be used in vertical orientations, where the gear shafts are positioned perpendicular to the ground. Vertical gear arrangements are often encountered in applications such as wind turbines, elevators, vertical conveyor systems, and various industrial machinery. In these cases, the weight of the gears and any additional loads acting on them must be considered to ensure proper load distribution and support. Adequate lubrication and proper gear design, including tooth profile and material selection, are important factors to ensure reliable and efficient operation in vertical orientations.
When using spur gears in vertical orientations, some additional considerations may be necessary due to the effects of gravity and potential oil leakage. In vertical applications, gravity can affect the distribution of lubricant, potentially leading to inadequate lubrication of gear teeth. Proper lubrication techniques and lubricant selection should be employed to ensure sufficient film thickness and minimize wear. Additionally, seals or other measures may be required to prevent oil leakage, especially in applications where high-speed rotation or high loads are involved.
It’s important to note that while spur gears can be used in both horizontal and vertical orientations, the specific design and configuration of the gear system should be evaluated to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Factors such as load distribution, gear alignment, lubrication, and material selection should be carefully considered based on the intended orientation and operating conditions of the gear system.
Consulting with gear manufacturers, engineers, or industry experts can provide further guidance on the suitability and design considerations when using spur gears in horizontal or vertical orientations.
How do you install a spur gear system?
Installing a spur gear system involves several steps to ensure proper alignment, engagement, and operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to install a spur gear system:
- Preparation: Before installation, gather all the necessary components, including the spur gears, shafts, bearings, and any additional mounting hardware. Ensure that the gear system components are clean and free from debris or damage.
- Shaft Alignment: Proper shaft alignment is crucial for the smooth operation of a spur gear system. Ensure that the shafts on which the gears will be mounted are aligned accurately and parallel to each other. This can be achieved using alignment tools such as dial indicators or laser alignment systems. Adjust the shaft positions as needed to achieve the desired alignment.
- Positioning the Gears: Place the spur gears on the respective shafts in the desired configuration. Ensure that the gears are positioned securely and centered on the shafts. For shafts with keyways, align the gears with the key and ensure a proper fit. Use any necessary mounting hardware, such as set screws or retaining rings, to secure the gears in place.
- Checking Gear Engagement: Verify that the teeth of the gears mesh properly with each other. The gear teeth should align accurately and smoothly without any excessive gaps or interference. Rotate the gears by hand to ensure smooth and consistent meshing throughout their rotation. If any misalignment or interference is observed, adjust the gear positions or shaft alignment accordingly.
- Bearing Installation: If the spur gear system requires bearings to support the shafts, install the bearings onto the shafts. Ensure that the bearings are the correct size and type for the application. Press or slide the bearings onto the shafts until they are seated securely against any shoulder or bearing housing. Use appropriate methods and tools to prevent damage to the bearings during installation.
- Lubrication: Apply a suitable lubricant to the gear teeth and bearings to ensure smooth operation and reduce friction. Refer to the gear manufacturer’s recommendations for the appropriate lubrication type and amount. Proper lubrication helps minimize wear, noise, and heat generation in the gear system.
- Final Inspection: Once the gears, shafts, and bearings are installed, perform a final inspection of the entire spur gear system. Check for any unusual noises, misalignment, or binding during manual rotation. Verify that the gears are securely mounted, shafts are properly aligned, and all fasteners are tightened to the specified torque values.
It’s important to follow the specific installation instructions provided by the gear manufacturer to ensure proper installation and operation. Additionally, consult any applicable industry standards and guidelines for gear system installation.
By carefully following these installation steps, you can ensure a well-aligned and properly functioning spur gear system in your machinery or equipment.
What is a spur gear and how does it work?
A spur gear is a type of cylindrical gear with straight teeth that are parallel to the gear axis. It is one of the most common and simplest types of gears used in various mechanical systems. Spur gears work by meshing together to transmit rotational motion and torque between two parallel shafts. Here’s a detailed explanation of spur gears and how they work:
A spur gear consists of two or more gears with cylindrical shapes and an equal number of teeth. These gears are mounted on parallel shafts, and their teeth mesh together to transfer rotational motion from one gear to another. The gear with power input is called the “drive gear” or “driver,” while the gear receiving the power output is called the “driven gear” or “follower.”
The key characteristics and components of spur gears include:
- Teeth: Spur gears have straight teeth that are cut parallel to the shaft axis. The teeth are evenly spaced around the circumference of the gear. The number of teeth determines the gear ratio and affects the speed and torque transmission between the gears.
- Pitch Diameter: The pitch diameter is the theoretical diameter of the gear at the point where the teeth mesh. It is determined by the number of teeth and the module or diametral pitch of the gear.
- Module or Diametral Pitch: The module is a parameter used in metric gear systems, while the diametral pitch is used in imperial gear systems. They define the tooth size and spacing of the gear. The module is the ratio of the pitch diameter to the number of teeth, while the diametral pitch is the number of teeth per inch of pitch diameter.
- Pressure Angle: The pressure angle is the angle between the line tangent to the tooth profile at the pitch point and a line perpendicular to the gear axis. Common pressure angles for spur gears are 20 degrees and 14.5 degrees.
- Meshing: Spur gears mesh by engaging their teeth, creating a point or line contact between the contacting surfaces. The teeth transfer rotational motion and torque from the drive gear to the driven gear.
- Gear Ratio: The gear ratio is determined by the number of teeth on the drive gear and the driven gear. It defines the relationship between the input speed and the output speed. The gear ratio can be calculated by dividing the number of teeth on the driven gear by the number of teeth on the drive gear.
- Operation: As the drive gear rotates, its teeth come into contact with the teeth of the driven gear. The contact between the teeth transfers rotational motion and torque from the drive gear to the driven gear. The meshing teeth maintain a constant speed ratio, allowing for the transmission of power between the shafts. The direction of rotation can be changed by meshing gears with an odd or even number of teeth.
Spur gears offer several advantages, including simplicity, ease of manufacture, efficiency, and reliability. They are commonly used in a wide range of applications, including machinery, automotive systems, appliances, power tools, and more.
In conclusion, spur gears are cylindrical gears with straight teeth that mesh together to transfer rotational motion and torque between parallel shafts. Their simple and efficient design makes them a popular choice for various mechanical systems.
editor by CX 2023-11-29